Monday, November 9, 2015

Day Three: Sunrise In Illinois, Sunset in Kentucky And Finally Back In Tennessee

Today was our day to return to Tennessee. However, before we headed back I enjoyed a sunrise on my final day in the Land of Lincoln and then my Dad and I went with my Uncle to McDonald's in Altamont for coffee and a newspaper. When we returned it was a quick breakfast and then we hit the road (it was a late start). I drove my Dad's new GMC truck and Terry followed in the Chrysler. When we stopped for gas in Effingham, I was lucky because the beer store next door had just opened and I picked up some local beer from Two Brothers from the Chicago suburbs and Big Muddy Brewing from southern Illinois (as you see from the bottle you know why a Wood Booger would buy it). While I will write more about more later we ate at Culver's outside of Louisville. Then it was through Kentucky and finally back to Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment