Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I got a Surprise In The Outback...A Great Prime Rib

This evening (Tuesday) we headed to Johnson City to pick up our ham for Thanksgiving at HoneyBaked Ham we decided to eat next door at Outback Steak House. Now, I normally don't write about chain restaurants that I have eaten out a number of times before, but because I got a really good piece of prime rib I decided to do a quick blog. If you go to Outback you have to start with a blooming onion, which is a deep fried onion similar to onion rings. Then I got the four course meal, which besides prime rib included a soup (I got potato), salad and a baked sweet potato. While all these were good the star of the show was the prime rib. I got it medium rare and it was cooked spot on. It also had a very good Au Jus sauce. While not as good as the Ye Olde Steak House in Knoxville it was better than the one I had at Niemergs in Illinois and the best I have had at a chain. Oh, I also got a dessert in the deal, raspberry cheesecake...nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment