Sunday, January 24, 2016

Oh No Say It Has Got To Go...Snowzilla!


It was time for round two of snow or the proper name of the storm Jonas. I know it sounds like a boy band, but it turned out not to be a one hit wonder as Washington, D.C. and New York City got hammered while some places in West Virginia got 40 inches! This is why now the storm is being referred to as Snowzilla and while we escaped the worst of its wrath, at one point we were suppose to have a foot, we ended up with half that over two days (Friday & Saturday).













Add this to what was left over from Wednesday and we have had a pretty good snow event. Hell the road down to the house here at Saint Clair has been snow covered for four days and counting. Just like when I was a kid I love getting out in the snow and this week has been no different. I have hiked around in it and even found time to build a snowman.















I have also enjoyed watching the birds on all of the feeders around the house. We have had many different birds including some Blue Birds and old favorites Big Blue (Blue Jay), Shovel (Blackbird) and my favorite Big Red (the rotund Cardinal that looks like a real live Angry Bird). I spotted some deer tracks and even came across some squirrels trying to get their nut.



















Anyway the snow has stopped and before we know it the white stuff will melt away, but until then I will just enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment