Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Indian Food Johnson City Style At Sahib


Monday I had to head to Johnson City to get my crown re-cemented into my mouth. Because all the fine staff at Cannon Family Dental had to do was put it back in place it allowed me to eat, and I decided to finally try a place I had heard good things about....Sahib Fine Indian Cuisine.
I have to say I like Indian Food I use to go to a place in Alpharetta called Abhiruchi (& a few other spots in the ATL). So, when I moved back to Tennessee I am always looking for new places to eat. I found out Johnson City had a Indian place and I was told it was good, so it was on my list. Anyway, since I was in Johnson City and survived my trip to the dentist I thought...why not. Firts let me say Sahib use to to be located at the Days Inn in Johnson City. However, Sahib recently moved to West Market Street, near the junction with State of Franklin, on the former site of Long John’s Silvers. 



On the outside they were still working, but inside it was pretty nice it is hard to believe that it was once a Long John’s. Since it was lunchtime I went with the buffet. This is always a good way, IMHO, to get a feel for an Indian place. It was a good spread as some of the things on offer were a number of chicken dishes. Chicken Biryani (cooked with Basmati Rice), Chilli Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala and one of my favorites Tandoori Chicken (cooked in a clay oven). There was also white rice and a number of vegetable options, including Yellow Daal and a course Naan Bread. I also had a nice drink, a Mango Shake, I will say that everything was very good. 






I left some room for dessert which was a Fruit Pudding, Rice Pudding and saving the best for last Gulab Jamun, which is round pastries dipped in a honey sauce...these were really, really good. 
So, if you are in Johnson City and you want something different stop by the new location Sahib. Now all they need on the bar is Idli.

1 comment: