Thursday, April 21, 2016

It Is Mid-April & It Is Beard Blog Time


Spring is in full swing and since it is mid-April I decided it is time for a new Beard Blog. One of the reason I haven’t done one lately is because I really had done much until the last week or so. When I posted the last Beard Blog at the end of March I was still recovering from the crud and as happens every spring my allergies hit and this year with a vengeance. But I have gotten to a spot where my allergies have been elevated to the point that I finally could do some hikes. My first outing was a four-mile hike with me Dad near the Cabin in Southwest Virginia. Then I hit the Smokies three times in six days. The first two, last Wednesday at Cades Cove on the Rich Mountain Loop and then Friday on the Gatlinburg Trail. These two helped me complete the Hike the Smokies Challenge for the 100-mile pin. Then Monday, I hit the Smokies High Country with a out-and-back hike on the Appalachian Trail from Clingmans Dome to Silers Bald Shelter. So, I have been busy of late, so I am just getting around to trimming my beard. Well with that said we are now two days short of 600 at 598 and 85 weeks...and counting!

Day 586: By a Poplar Tree in SW Virginia

Day 590: On the Rich Mtn. Loop in GSMNP

Day 592: Hiking to get my pin

Day 595 on Top of the Smokies at Clingmans Dome

Day 598

Left

Right

Below

No comments:

Post a Comment