Sunday, April 24, 2016

Return Trip To Gatlinburg Trail & Cataract Falls


Today I let Deb pick where she wanted to hike at on this beautiful (but hot) Sunday in April. Deb decided to head back to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP) and hike the Gatlinburg Trail.



It was alright with me because it gave me the opportunity to log more Smokies miles. I had only two request...number one she drive and two we go to on the way back on the Gatlinburg Trail. Like I said previously this is a four-mile out-and-back from Sugarlands Visitors Center to Gatlinburg. 



It is a hike along the Little River and while not to difficult is very picturesque. It was hard to believe that in a week that the foliage had bloomed out so much. The trail had the light green hue of mid-to-late spring. When we reached Gatlinburg we found another park sign that indicates the start of the Gatlinburg Trail. Unlike our last trip we took a left before the Park Headquarters (at the old cemetery) and picked up the trail to Cataract Falls. 










This was my third trip here to Cataract Falls (see here & here), but this might have been the best flow I have seen on this 25-foot cascade. After that it was back to Sugarlands to finish our hike that came in around 4.75 miles...not bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment