Sunday, April 3, 2016

Oysters But No Beer At Tennessee Jack's On The Holston River


Saturday we went out for my Dad’s Birthday and he wanted to try a new restaurant in Rogersville, Tennessee Jack’s. It is located just outside of Rogersville on Highway 66 on the south end of Hugh B. Day Bridge and is on the site of the old Route 66 Grille. The restaurant overlooks the Holston River so it had that going for it.




Earlier in the day I had a dental issue (my crown fell out) so anything I ate couldn’t be too hard, so my menu options were limited. Oh, since I am on antibiotics, because of the crud, no beer! One thing I could eat were oysters, so my Dad and I split a dozen on the half-shell (yes, that means raw). I am not a big fan of the horseradish on mine as I think it over powers them. I ate half with a dab of cocktail sauce and the rest with just a touch of lemon, but they were tasty. 


After that I ordered half-a pound of steamed shrimp and french fries. Like the oysters the shrimp were very good, and so were the fries I thought about chicken wings, but I have had a lot of chicken recently, but my Dad got some so he gave me two and they were very good. Deb and Terry seemed to like their hamburgers too.


 I will have to say that Tennessee Jack’s was somewhat of a surprise. and I see a return trip in the cards, because so oysters and beer on the deck overlooking the river seems appealing in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment