Saturday, May 28, 2016

No Hiking Boots Needed At Johnson City Farmers Market


Well, today I was suppose to be in the Smokies hiking with the Greeneville Hiking Club, but I forgot my boots (yes I had everything else) when Deb and I went to her Mom's Friday. So, instead of hiking I went to Johnson City and had my first trip to the Johnson City Farmers Market, well, that is to say in its new location.

I forgot these...

...didn't go here.

 It is a brick pavilion adjacent to the Founders Park in downtown Johnson City. It is a really nice location with plenty of space for vendors to sell things from fresh produce, to local honey and even locally roasted coffee. There are so many vendors that some still have to sit up in tents. Oh and they even had live music.

The new home of the JC Farmers Market.

Inside.

You can even get mushrooms.

Some still set up outside.

Ole Timers Band.

In addition there are also a number of food trucks and by far the most popular is Auntie Ruth's Doughnuts. I have mentioned my love of these doughnuts before, but like the title says these are hand-made glazed giant goodies. I have been eating them for years and that is why I waited in line 15 minutes for some.

One of the more colorful food trucks.

The line for Auntie Ruth's Home-Made Doughnuts.

How the magic is made!

At Yee-Haw for tacos & beer.

 I also made a stop at Yee-Haw and the White Duck Taco for some food and beer.

1 comment:

  1. I even have been getting a lot of helpful and informative material in your web site.
    Big Dawg Tactical

    ReplyDelete