Monday, May 30, 2016

For Barbecue In Rogersville It Is A Little Pig & Chick


Barbecue is one of my favorite food styles...period. While I have been to a number of barbecue places in East Tennessee the one of places I hadn't been was the award winning Pig & Chick in my backyard of Rogersville. This little restaurant located just on the outskirts of town on Highway 11W has been voted best barbecue the last four years by Tennessee Magazine. So, with credentials like that I knew I needed to eat here and recently I decided to stop by for lunch.


On the day I went the restaurant had Brunswick Stew. After living in Georgia for more than a decade I have had my share of excellent Brunswick Stew. However, in Tennessee this dish is few and far between. One of the few barbecue places that served it in this area was Dixie Barbecue in Johnson City, but it closed at the start of 2016. Anyway it was a nice surprise and while it wasn't Georgia good it was very tasty.
For the main course I a course had the large pulled pork barbecue sandwich. I will say that it was a very good sandwich and the choice of sauces (regular, spicy & Carolina vinegar) were all good.  While the pulled pork was good, the only disappointment was the potato chips. They were a mixed bag some were crunchy and good but others were a bit soft and not so good.




Anyway, I was very pleased with the Pig & Chick. While I don't think it is as good as the Hawg-N-Dawg or Ridgewood, I will be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment