Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hey Joe Where Are You Going With That Burrito In Your Hand


Saturday I was in Damascus for the 30th Appalachian Trail Fest. Besides hiking, music, vendor booths and the Hiker Parade Deb and I made a stop at a local eatery, Hey Joe’s. We happened upon it while we were headed to the Hiker Parade.We took the Creeper Trail parallel to downtown and turned up South Shady Avenue and there it was. So, after the parade we decided to check it out.

The Hiker Parade.

When we got there it was pretty busy and by the time we got our table sorted out it was slammed. At one point the guy at the door stopped people coming in...but it was Trail Days. To start I wasn’t sure how to order but the guy at the counter said someone would come by our table. It took a little time because of the crowd, but we finally got to order. Deb got two beef tacos and I got the Everything Burrito, which had beef, chicken and pork. Our order also came with salsa and chips.

Hey Joe's was packed.

The Everything Burrito.

The Most Interesting Man in the World stopped by.

Deb's two tacos.

The first thing that surprised me was that we got our food in a reasonable amount of time. As slammed as the kitchen looked it was quite fast. The other thing was it was really good. My burrito was excellent and Deb let me have half of her second taco and it was good too. While not as good as Neo it was better than the Chipotle that I had in Sevierville. Oh, and they knew how to roll a burrito. So, if you find yourself in Damacaus Hey Joe’s is worth a trip I know I will go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment