Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thanks To Matthew No Emerald Isle This Week


If you are wondering where my blogs are on our trip to Emerald Isle, because Deb and I were supposed to head to the North Carolina coast this week. Well, if you are reading this I need to say that we did get to go. The reason, because of Hurricane Matthew my trip has been washed out. That means no beach, karaoke, Cedar Point Tideland Trail and worst of all NO FRESH SEAFOOD! My Dad and Terry are over there and rode out the storm, and thank goodness Emerald Isle was spared. Unfortunately, a large swath of North Carolina wasn't including the area we were to drive through. Loads of roads, including I-40 and I-95, have been closed because of flooding. The traffic there is going to be a mess. There has been a damn break and there are others under threat. Some of the rivers aren't supposed to start cresting until Wednesday and my cousin said it could even be Saturday. So, because of this, we decided it was best to cancel since we might not be able to leave even until today and it could have been late as Thursday and the week would mostly be gone anyway. I just have to say that all I lost was a week at the beach, but from the Caribbean to North Carolina lost a lot more, so my heart goes out to those affected by the hurricane. Well, that is the breaks but here are a few pictures (from last year) of where we are not going... enjoy!

Ship on fire at sunrise (not literally).

The NC Martine Museum & Blackbeard exhibit.

The Neusiok Trail, which is part of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail...

...I bet Oyster Point is flooded about now.

Fort Macon.

Emerald Isle sunset & the same can be said for our 2016 trip.

So, instead of driving to Emerald Isle I enjoyed a fire... 
...& the Moon over St. Clair.

No comments:

Post a Comment