Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Nothing Is Better For The Taste Budz Than BBQ Ribs


Well, today I had an appointment at the dentist from my six-month water boarding, I mean teeth cleaning and since I survived I decided to treat myself at Taste Budz. This small restaurant is located downtown at the corner of South Roan and East Market Streets.This wasn't the first time I had eaten here, but it is the first visit since this blog has been in existence.


For the uninitiated, it was opened in 2002 and is run by Elmer and Lorraine Washington. Taste Budz is open for lunch however, it doesn't have a set menu, but they post what they are offering that day on Facebook. So, I checked the page and saw they were offering Barbecue Pork Ribs and knew I had to go. I think the last time I went it was Fried Chicken, but I had heard that the ribs were good and since I am a connoisseur of BBQ Ribs so I had to go. Like I said it is a small place, you will notice this when you go up to the window to order as you can see the kitchen. Also, there is no indoor sitting, but there is canopy so even with it in the 40's I was comfortable.


So, let me start with the ribs, I have read that the couple is transplants from Memphis and it shows. I can say without a doubt these are some of the best ribs I have in quite a while and I eat a lot of ribs (as much as I can), so I know good ribs. These were wet style ribs and they were so tender and tasty like I said they were great I definitely will want some more of these in the future. All meals come with the choice of two sides and there was a good selection today, but it was a no-brainer that I would go with the Collard Greens and a course this was a great choice. These Collards were really, really, really good, best I have had in some time. The other side I got was the Sweet Potatoes. I asked about them and Elmer brought them right out of the oven and once I got a look I was sold....and they were goooood! Also, the Peach Tea that I had was the perfect complement to this meal.




For those who maybe worry about my choice of places because I ate at a place in Gwinnett (Best BBQ in the Great Wall Market) that scored a health rating of 25 (and later a 35), Taste Budz got a 99. So, if you are in Johnson City check the Taste Budz for lunch Facebook page and head over there you won't be sorry (if you are lucky the will have BBQ Ribs).

No comments:

Post a Comment