Saturday, December 24, 2016

Urban Hiking, Holiday Lights & A Movie In The Holiday Homestretch


This blog is a two-day affair with the first half coming on Thursday with a trip to where I live, Rogersville. It is good we took it easy as I was still feeling it from my hike to Vandeventer Shelter on Wednesday. So, Deb and I decided to combine a short hike with some local shopping. This hike is what I call (and others too) an Urban Hike. It sounds like what it is a hike in town. Sometimes it is just going through let's say a downtown, but today this outing was on a designated trail. Called the Crockett Springs Historical Trail it connects downtown with the park with the same name
This small park is near the spring on land owned by Davy Crockett's grandparents, who are buried in Rogers Cemetery, which is also in the park. Also buried here is Joseph Rogers who founded Rogersville. 

These are all through downtown.

Sign for the park.

Old Rogers Tavern.

Park & footbridge...

...Deb on said bridge.

Old swimming pool...

...Rogers Cemetery...

...David & Elizabeth Crockett...

...my new friend rolling on a grave...

...founder of Rogersville...

...my new friend must like him.

One last look at the park.

Once back from the park beside ducking into some shops, we ate at Miss Bea's. I thought I had done a blog about Miss Bea's, but I guess it slipped my mind. I guess that one will be coming.

Back downtown past Hale Springs Inn.

U.S. Geological Marker at the Post Office.

Santa Mail!

Mural with the history of Rogersville.

Lunch here was...

Open faced Pot Roast Sandwich with Vegetable Soup.

Well, that wasn't all as we returned to Rogersville City Park to look at the Yule Lights...nice!

Penguin riding a bear...

...dragon...

...light Santa waving...

On Friday, it was movie day as we went to see the new  Star Wars movie Rogue One. Oh, it was good, very good! Then we went to the College Square Mall, I think most of Morristown was there. However, Santa told me he liked my hat. Well, it is now Christmas Eve, so Happy Holidays!

...& this Santa too.

Yes, this was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment