Sunday, January 8, 2017

Having Fun In A Winter Wonderland


When I woke up Saturday morning it was no surprise that the ground was blanked in white as it was snowing pretty hard when I went to bed. Unlike others, I waited until morning to enjoy the snow. With between two-and-a-half to three inches of snow, I decided to do a test run of my "new" snowshoes. I actually got them last March, so this was the first time I have gotten to try them out. I had always been interested in snowshoeing and thought it would also be easier than taking up cross country skiing. So, I got a pair of Red Feather Alpine Ghost that were on clearance at REI (they were a pretty expensive pair for under $100). 






After about half-a-mile in snowshoes, I then hiked around taking pictures of the snow. Unlike some, I do love snow but Deb says a weekend snow is a waste. I finished the day with a little cold weather grilling. It was 18 degrees when I went out to fire up the grill. I did have a Yeti sighting. Well, that is all for the first real snow of the year.












No comments:

Post a Comment