Friday, January 13, 2017

TGI Fridays On Tuesday Plus A Visit To The Donut Friar


On an all-day visit to the Smokies, you have to eat. Since I wasn't on the trail all day it was no Cliff Bar for me today, but donuts and TGI Friday's on Tuesday. I am first going to mention a place I have been on to before and that is the Donut Friar at the Village in Gatlinburg. This is a little place that makes really good cake donuts and anyone who knows me knows I love donuts. In the past, I had gotten the plain cake and the cinnamon cake (which I got today) donuts. Besides the cinnamon, I also got one I hadn't in the past the coconut cake donut. While I still will say the cinnamon is my favorite, the coconut was really good! Something else I had that was new was an Italian Espresso. I had gotten a regular coffee here before, and while good, this was one of the best espressos I have had in quite a while.



Now for our main meal was at TGI Fridays in Sevierville and I will say it is not the choice I would usually make, but my Aunt and Uncle sent us a gift certificate and a Bonus Bits which was an extra $10 off our meal. We first started off with an appetizer of Loaded Potato Skins, which were good, but potato with cheddar cheese and bacon, how wrong can it be. For my main entree, in trying to keep to my decision to eat less red meat, I got the Grilled Norwegian Salmon topped with sauteed Lagostino Lobster and Cremini Mushrooms in a roasted Alfredo sauce. I also had mashed potatoes and spinach with mushrooms. I will say it was good, better than I expected. So, overall I had a good experience with TGI Friday's.





No comments:

Post a Comment