Monday, January 30, 2017

Memories Of Buford Highway At Thai Noodle Town


Since I was in Kingsport recently, hiking at Bays Mountain Park, it gave me the opportunity to eat at a new restaurant, the Thai Noodle Town. Located off Stone Drive near where the old Wal-Mart once stood I would see the sign for it as I would come back from Virginia on I-26. Since I was going to Bays Mountain I decided I would finally try this place out. I didn't go directly there from Bays Mountain Park, I made a detour to http://thebeerrunkingsport.com/the Beer Run, which sells growler beer fills. I am mentioning this because the lady there was having trouble filling my growler with the Dogfish Head Beer for Breakfast Stout and gave me a free growler of Hi-Wire Brewing Strongman Coffee Milk Stout for my trouble ( if you can check this place out it is next to Ollie's), anyway, I digress.
Thai Noodle Town is a little place, but it did remind me of Asian places in the ATL I  frequented. The first thing I noticed when I came in...there was no English coming out of the kitchen, which is a great sign. My number one rule for an ethnic restaurant is the less English spoken the better. First I ordered my drink, Thai Milk Tea. The lady taking my order I think was sure about me ordering it but I assured I had something similar before, Bubble Milk Tea, and now thinking about it, I had Thai Milk Tea in the past at Penang's. So, for my meal, I ordered the TNT Noodle Soup. Why it is called that I don't know, but the soup was rice noodles with green onions, cilantro and I got it with chicken. The lady waiting on my also brought out some Sriracha to add a little spice. Let me say this soup was better than good, it was it reminded me of Buford Highway Metro Atlanta good! This was quite possibly the best meal I have had in Kingsport, hell it was as good as Penang's.  I can tell you I will be going back.




No comments:

Post a Comment