Monday, July 3, 2017

Finishing An AT Section Highlight This Trip Down The Rabbit Hole


Well, Pete here again and this week was a light week of hiking for this machine.  Last Monday the Big Lummox and I headed up to Round Knob again to finally finish a section of the AT (Appalachian Trail) by hiking out to Shelton Graves and back. 



Back in March the Lummox was a big pansy and tapped out just a half-mile from the AT! I didn't think we would make it on this day because 50 yards up the trail he sees a pile of bear scat and about wets himself. I had to drag him up the trail. I have to say, I had to carry him most of the way up the Round Bald Trail, but he was a little better on the AT...execpt whining about his knee. I had to keep him focused because we had to get to Shelton Graves and we did. On the way back we detoured up to Gravel Knob were some yahoo's were trying to sound like a bird, but more like an ass! Anyway, the Big Lummox was petrified by fear and I had to drag him up the trail...this rabbit doesn't squeal! Like I said the Lummox was fine on the AT but once we started down to Round Knob it was all about his knee...what a wuss.




On Wednesday, the Big Lummox had to go to the dentist (I will go easy there), but we did a little hike on the trails of Persimmon Ridge Park. For a hiker of my status, this is a beginner trail, but I still had to hear complaints from the Lummox. This time he ate too much at Sahib. Well, any day on the trail is better than one when your not.


No comments:

Post a Comment