Monday, July 31, 2017

Nothing Better Than Pork Belly On My Birthday At Southern Craft BBQ


This year for my 50th Birthday dinner I decided to go with my favorite category of food barbecue. So, Thursday we headed back to Johnson City (my second time that day) to Southern Craft BBQ. The people who own this barbecue restaurant (the Stry Fry Group) also own the Label Resturant downtown, which I visited back in March.



The restaurant, located at the corner of Spring and Cherry Streets, just off downtown has been open for only five months. When I was trying to decide, it was between here and the Shuckin' Shack, what sold me was seeing smoked Pork Belly on the menu. The interior was nice using a lot of reclaimed wood. While not looking just like it the interior was similar to the Label.




We started with an appetizer, Dips, and Spreads, which was Pimento cheese, smoked chicken salad and blue cheese dip with homemade crackers. For my main entree, I had the Burnt Ends, which are smoked for over 20 hours. Oh, and a course I had the Pork Belly, which is why I chose Southern Craft BBQ in the first place. Dad and Terry gave me a couple smoked ribs. Now all of these were excellent as I loved the Burnt Ends and the ribs were top notch but the Pork Belly was one of the best-smoked meats I have ever had! I would go here just for the Pork Belly. For my sides I had the Collard Greens cooked in you guessed it...Pork Belly. Anytime there is Brunswick Stew on the menu I have to try it and this was very good for Tennessee. I also got to try the sweet potato souffle and the baked beans both were good, but the beans weren't Ridgewood good.




While the food was arguably better than the Label (it is barbecue) the one place it could be more like its sister restaurant is the drink menu. They had a good beer selection, I had the Studio Brew Ferusgson Stout which is really good but I had the Foothills Sexual Chocolate at the Label. There is no doubt I will be headed back here because the barbecue was top notch.


No comments:

Post a Comment