Sunday, April 12, 2020

Memories Of Easter In The Snow In the Time Of COVID-19


In this new world of coronavirus, the Wood Booger has had to adapt.
As I said in my COVID-19 rant I haven't been hiking, now, for over a month and I don't look to be going out anytime soon. So, I am going to do a weekly blog on what I am doing, mostly in pictures. The original plan for this blog, when I planned to do it earlier in the week, was just to talk about what I have been up too. After a couple of days, I decided just to wait until today, Easter, to put it up. I first want to mention where I was last year for Easter...in the snow on Roan Mountain (cover picture).









This year there is no snow and Carvers Gap is closed for COVID-19. Maybe next year...yes maybe next year. Anyway, today here a Chateau St. Clair we decided to have Thanksgiving for Easter and eat turkey and all the trimmings. Oh, and the turkeys aren't the same the live one is Henretta the other is dinner.







Well, that isn't all, over these weeks I have kept busy. I have been mowing and doing other stuff like welding for the first in almost 40 years. I go for walks which help tremendously not just for the exercise, but just for the mental part of it. Also, I have been writing this blog, which allows me to relive past hikes. So, I am alive and kicking in this Coronovirus Crisis, I hope you are too and remember to stay safe...






No comments:

Post a Comment