Saturday, November 28, 2020

Sometimes You Have To Hike Uphill Out Of The Rabbit Hole

Pete here and I have to say today's hike up the Sarvis Cove Trail was worthy of the hiking machine... that's right daddy!
After shaking the lazy Lummox awake we broke down and headed to the Horse Creek Trailhead and up the road/trail that we take to my falls (Pete's Branch). When we got to the junction we went right, on the Poplar Cove Trail, and this is when the hike really begins. 

After the Poplar Cove Trail, it was time for the main event, up the Sarvis Cove Trail. It is about two-and-a-half miles...all uphill just how I like it. While steep all the way it gets really steep the last mile, and it switchbacks...nice! The last bit up I had to push the Lummox and carry him the rest of the way because he wanted to quit...wuss!

Up on the mountain I got to pound out some AT (Appalachian Trail) time...nice! On the way back I have pissed about one thing. I wanted to head over to my waterfall again, but the Lummox was tired and didn't want to, good grief! Anyway, for me, it was a great day for a Hiking Machine, so I am out...BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment