Monday, November 2, 2020

A Barn Rescue, Not In Realtime


Usually, the first day of November means putting up Halloween decorations or going out to buy some. Well, with the COVID Pandameic getting worse by the day I didn't think that was a great plan. Oh, it all didn't matter anyway as I found myself at the Cabin for an overnight.


The reason my Dad got information that the second barn had collapsed. While I was confident that it hadn't my Dad still wanted to check. It turns out it was still standing, like the last time I had visited in early October, which was a good thing. Anyway, the moral of the story, Google Earth is not in realtime.






Well at the barn Dad had driven the tractor over while I hiked. Anyway, to make a long story short he cut it off and it would start back up. So, we had to hike back. On the way a chainsawed a tree that fell over, but not on the road. When I cut it I didn't see the dead limb in another tree and while I was lucky it didn't hit me in the head it did do a number on my arm. 






Today, after a 25-degree morning, we let it warm up and then headed over to the other barn up the other road I have hiked it, but it is rougher when you drive it. But we got there, then cut our way to the second barn (which was STILL standing) and jumped off the tractor. So, we headed back to the Cabin and soon home...






No comments:

Post a Comment