Monday, November 9, 2020

Back In The Decade: Florence & Venice


It is time for the second of the Back in the Decade blog of my 2010 trip to Europe. The first one was on Rome and Vatican City, so now it is the second half of Italy... Florence and Venice.

Day Four: Florence (July 13, 2010)

Leaving Rome, it was to Tuscany and the City of Florence. This is the birthplace of the Renascence. My favorite thing was the large church, the Cathedral of Dante Marie del Fiore....

On the way to Tuscan

Sheep & Sunflowers


Florence



Cathedral of Dante Marie del Fiore



The Gates of Paradise at the Florence Baptistery


Torre Di Arnolfo


Santa Croce

The altar under restoration.



Some tombs

Galileo's Tomb

Machiavelli's Tomb

Michelangelo's Tomb



Courtyard




End of day four

Day Five: Venice (July 14, 2010)

The next day we headed to the city of canals...Venice. Located on the Aderdic Sea I really didn't think I would like this beautiful city as much as I did. Maybe it was going up in St. Mark's Campanile and viewing the city from above, stunning! I don't know why I didn't go into St. Mark's Basilica, but I did get to see Venician glass blowing. Along with this, I got to see a place I labeled the Russian Billionaire Room.

Reminds me of the Roans

More of the Italian countryside



Members of the Unione Sindacale di Base

The time when Crusie Ships were on the sea

Our boat to Venice


Ferry ships

Super Yachts

Venice

Basilica di Santa Maria Della Salute
St. Mark's Basilica from the water


Venice

Yes, that is a Blackhawks shirt!

St. Mark's Campanile from the water



One of the many canals
The Gondolas of Venice


F-1 Ferreri

Glass blowing

A glass horse in the Billionaire Room

St. Mark's Basilica in St. Mark's Square



St. Mark's Campanile...

...affords this view of Venice






Church of San Giorgio Maggiore





Police in Venice means business


No comments:

Post a Comment