Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Pete's Branch Falls Sees The Return Of The Halloween Hike...The 6th Edition


Halloween means many things to me, sitting by the fire, horror movies, and hiking. Last year because of weather and being under it I didn't get out, but this year the tradition returned with the sixth annual edition. So, where to go? I thought about Margarette Falls which had been three of the previous five, but I was there back in August. So, I decided to throw Pete a carrot and go to a favorite of his... Pete's Branch Falls.


This 45-foot cascade is reached from the Horse Creek Recreation Area Trailhead. I had done this four-mile hike on three occasions with the last almost a year ago in November (in the snow). 


One thing I noticed when I arrived at Horse Creek was there was new signage had been installed since my last visit in July. Now on the trail much had not changed, until you reach the Pete's Branch Falls Trail. It had received new blue blazes, like the ones at Margarette Falls. Even though past peak there were still some lingering fall colors to enjoy.



















One more point of interest on the way back I met a group of people and llamas. They were on a hike with the Wandering Llamas out of Greeneville. They had an eclectic group...of llamas. Some were even from LeConte Lodge llamas, it looks like their life is much easier now. Once past them, it was one last creek crossing and I was back at the trailhead  Well, it was good to get the tradition of the Haloween Hike at Pete's Branch Falls.







No comments:

Post a Comment