Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pouring Over A New Coffee Maker Highlights This Week In COVIDworld


This week in the COVID-19 Crisis I discovered another new way to make coffee and mowing highlight this week.
This week I ordered a pour-over coffee maker. The reason I needed one was my regular coffee maker decided to finally breakdown for good. I knew it was on its last legs as it took it 30 minutes to brew a pot. As readers of this blog know I have several ways to make coffee. I have an espresso maker, a stainless steel french press sand somewhere a nice percolator, but I needed something that used filters for coffee. If you haven't read paper filtred coffee is better for you, so I needed something to replace my coffee maker.





I have had pour-over coffee many times and have thought about getting one to make this kind of coffee for some time. One of the things I like about it (and a french press) it isn't a coffee maker that can just stop working. It is a manual type of coffee which I like. You need five things...the pour-over coffee maker, filter, hot water, coffee, and a scale. A scale to make coffee, yes, it is used to measure the amount of coffee that goes in the basket. Luckily I had one for my eBay. I am proud to say that I got the coffee right the first time (that didn't happen with the percolator or French Press).



The main other thing happening this week was mowing. We got a new mower here a St. Clair...a Zero Turn Snapper. This was my third time mowing with it, but I am still getting used to it. I mean you drive it differently than a standard tractor style. Proof of this was I accidentally ran over a tree, I felt really bad. I will say I do like the fact that you can turn on a dime, so it is faster.






Well, I finished the weekend a little relaxing around the fire pit and finishing this blog. Anyway, maybe soon I will get out to some low traffic (not the Smokies it was a zoo when it opened back up) because right now is more dangerous than a two weeks ago. As always, stay safe...





No comments:

Post a Comment