Thursday, May 13, 2021

Rain Didn't Cancel The Annual Wildflower Hike At Buffalo Mountain Park

What has become an annual outing (5th edition), the May Wildflower Hike at Buffalo Mountain Park, almost didn't happen on Wednesday. As Pete said the day began with rain so I had a decision to make while I had my teeth cleaned go see the flowers or not. Well, the rain slacked up, so I thought I would go for a quick look. It was a gamble as last year at about the same time the Mountain Laurel had just started to flower. This year it turned out it was in-between. I also found Everlasting Pea, Flame Azaleas, and best of all Pink Lady Slippers. 

Rainy Buffalo Mountain Park



Huckleberry Knob



Clockwise: Pink Lady Slipper, Mountain Laurel, Flame Azaleas & Everlasting Pea

My pants got wet and I aggravated my foot (no camping & hiking this weekend), but the flowers were beautiful. That wasn't all for the day. I visited two new places in Johnson City. The first is familiar...a Chipolte which opened in late March. The second was a new coffee place, Blue's Brews. It is a coffee shop in a Gulfstream Camper and it was good coffee. 






No comments:

Post a Comment