Monday, November 1, 2021

This Camp Creek Bald Benchmark Is One-Of-A-Kind

As readers of this blog know one of my favorite mountains is Camp Creek Bald. Also known as Viking Mountain, Camp Creek Bald is what I consider my Appalachian Trail (AT) Backyard. I have had many adventures on this mountain, so it holds a special place  It isn't a secret that I have an affection for summit or benchmarkers, on tops of mountains in particular. I had always wanted to find the one on Camp Creek Bald and did it back in Halloween of 2018 as someone had uncovered it. So, when on Etsy I stumbled across a guy Jerald who runs MountainMonkeyCo. He specializes in making custom summit markers. It didn't take long for me to decide on what I wanted to be done...Camp Creek Bald. 

The summit marker is above the slab (L) & Me with it (R)

Clockwise: The picture I sent (TL), The proof Jerald sent (TR) & the finished product

The summit marker (T) & mine on top of it (L & B)

Jerald said all I needed to do was send a description of what I wanted and would send a design, so I sent a picture and it was long before I got the proof. After approval I got a private listing on Etsy and in a week it was ready to ship, but Jerald first sent a photo of the completed summit marker...it looked fantastic. He even added the raised circle on the center of the marker. Yes, it is the same size as I put it on top of the real marker on the summit. In closing I will say, I might be biased but I think mine from MountainMonkey looks better. But they do share one important thing, they are both one-of-a-kinds.



No comments:

Post a Comment