Tuesday, April 18, 2023

One Year To The Day Back At Mill Ridge & Hot Springs


Springtime on the Appalachian Trail (AT) is thru-hiking season. But it is also just a great time on the trail, and there are a lot of great places to enjoy the season. However, it seems that I come back to the same place at Mill Ridge near Hot Springs. The reason I say this is because my hike Saturday was at the same place and day as last year. Like last year, the start was Tanyard Gap, but unlike last year, there was a pair of nice ladies set up for Trail Magic. From here, it is going against traffic, southbound on the AT. It's a nice part of the trail that offered up some wildflowers. 

Tanyard Gap & the AT

Wildflowers

Once at Mill Ridge, there are open meadows with great views of Rich Mountain. Oh, like last year, I ran the drone. I had to launch from a different spot above where I did last year. I had great views, including Mill Ridge Pond. 

Mill Ridge...

...Pond

Rich Mountain (L) & Camp Creek Bald (R)

Hot Springs

The pond from above

Vista includes where I flew last year (M) & This year (ML)


After getting back to the car I had time for a Trail Magic hotdog before heading to Hot Springs. It's always a treat to walk around my favorite trail town. It doesn't hurt to stop at Big Pillow Brewery to finish the day...

Hot Springs


No comments:

Post a Comment