Friday, April 28, 2023

Whether On The AT Or Sawing Logs, It's Hard Being A Legend!

Oh yeah! Crazy Pete, the Hiking Machine, here and I have a week's worth of adventures to share with all my Peteoholics. 

On Monday, I started my week by carrying the Lummox up to my section of the AT for maintenance. Yes, his name is on the website, but the CMC (Carolina Mountain Club) didn't want my name on it because I'm an AT (Appalachian Trail) celebrity! So, I hiked up, carrying the Lummox and tools to camp at Jerry Cabin Shelter. We had planned to tent, but when the thru-hikers discovered they had an AT Legend in their midst, they insisted I take a spot in the shelter. That night at the campfire, I kept them riveted by the stories of the Hiking Machine crushing trail! 

On my way carrying the Lummox

Firecircle led by the Hiking Machine

The next morning, after some more embarrassing fawning from the awestruck thru-hikers, it was on to walking my section and doing work. Once we reached Big Butt we had covered the three miles. Then, it was back to Jerry Cabin to collect the trash and head back. But, another thru-hiker recognized me...it is hard being an AT Legend!

Next moring my Peteoholics made me a fire & breakfast

Fixing this sign was just some of the work I did

Then, on the second part of the week, we were getting our USFS Chainsaw Training. I did need the Thursday classroom session, I let the Lummox handle that. Then, on Friday, it was time for field training. While the Lummox was a dismal failure, I was asked by my instructor, Chris, to come in and teach a future class. What can I say? I can smash trail and stack logs! Well, that's it because you deserve no more. With that, you know what's next, I'm out...BITCHES!

They wanted me to teach by the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment