Saturday, November 5, 2016

In Asheville For A Stop By The Drive-By Truckers


Now for something completely different, well not totally. Friday night I went to my first music show in at least decade to see the Drive-By Truckers at the Orange Peel in Asheville. That means this is the first time any type of concert has featured in this blog. The last time I had been to a concert of any kind was to see George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic at Centennial Olympic Park in the mid-2000's. As for Friday's show, the Drive-By Truckers are an Alternative Country/Southern Rock band out of Athens, Georgia (two current members are from Alabama). I had heard some of their music, which is very good, but I will say they were even better live. Even the opening act, Kyle Craft was pretty good too. I will be remiss not to mention the venue, the Orange Peel. The club was named one of the best music venues by Rolling Stone Magazine in 2009 and I will say the sound was excellent and they had a great beer selection. 

Outside...

...& inside the Orange Peel.

The opening act...Kyle Craft.

The Main Event...Drive-By Truckers.

The familiar part of the evening was where we ate...Farm Burger. I have eaten here before and it is a really good burger place. This time I went with the Lamb Burger with wilted greens, red onion jam, lemon herb cream and shoe string sweet potatoes. Because the Lamb Burger had sweet potatoes, on it, I opted for a side of onion rings. Oh, I washed it down with One World Brewing's Chocolate Stout and my dessert I chose a Granite Falls Peanut Butter Ale. 

My meal.

Beer Board.

Anyway, it was a fun evening and I want to thank my old friend Glen for letting me tag along. It was good to hang out listen to some great music and enjoy some beers...thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment