Tuesday, November 8, 2016

It Is Election Day...


Well,  today is Election Day and I am having a low key one. Unlike two years ago, when I spent Election Day at Woody Gap, today I put up Yule lights and sat by the fire. As for the election, it shouldn't be a total shock who I voted for. Yes, four years ago I voted for Jill Stein, but not today. This election is too important and it has real-world consequences, especially for the least fortunate in our society. So, there is no way I was voting for a narcissist like Donald Trump, so I voted for Hillary Clinton. No, she isn't my first choice, that was Bernie Sanders who I voted for in the Democratic Primary. I will say that this was the best vote I have ever made. If you read this blog you know I am progressive. I know Climate Change is real because I accept the Scientific Method. I am not religious, you can describe me as a militant agnostic and the environment is important to me. I have ranted about it before (here, & here), but I don't want the National Parks and Public Lands sold off to the highest bidder. This is fights that John Muir took up over 100 years ago and we may have to again. Then there is health care where I don't think someone shouldn't have to go bankrupt to save their life. I am not a Hillary guy, but up against a candidate who was endorsed by the KKK...no thanks. So, if this offends you then it is quite obvious you don't know me too well and I would apologize, but it wouldn't be very sincere. So pack to watching David Pakman election coverage on YouTube.


No comments:

Post a Comment