Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Obligatory Metro Atlanta Food Blog


Anytime I take a trip eating is at the top of my list of things to do and that was the case on our outing to Metro Atlanta. I guess first I need to talk about first was where we had dinner Thursday evening at L. Marie's. Southern Cuisine, Restaurant, and Bar. Clint knew about the places as he had done some work for them at the old location next to the Shell Station on Jiles Road. I had seen the restaurant before and from what Clint doing some work for them it was a small place only open for lunch. Well, back in August they moved to a new location in Kennesaw. It is a much larger location and they are now also open for dinner. I will say, inside, it was nice, but as always within the restaurant, it is the food that tells the story and it didn't disappoint. We started with an appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip, served with bread which was very tasty. For my main course, I had a number of options, but I went with something I had never had... shrimp and grits. I have had opportunities before but just had never had ordered it, wow I was missing out. I also tried some of Deb's meatloaf and mac and cheese, which I also liked. The owner is a very nice lady and I even had a discussion about a specialty I want to try in the future (yes, it is on my food bucket list...chitlins (click the link). 






The other places we ate at were old favorites, the first was Chipolte and they had a new menu item, chorizo. It was very good and will be my meat of choice at Chipolte. However, I will say it isn't quite as good as the one at Neo Burrito.
The last places we went was a personal favorite, Big D's BBQ in Dawsonville. As the area around it changes at breakneck speed (hell, they built a whole new Kroger since we were last there in May). Anyway, the barbecue was great as always, but I can get excellent barbecue in Tennessee (Hawg-N-Dawg and Ridgewood), but what they do better in Georgia is Brunswick Stew...Yum, Yum!
Well, that is all from eating on the road. 


No comments:

Post a Comment