Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quick Blog: Trial Hike To Little Sawnee Mtn.

Well, this trip was a double trial. The first was to test how my car is running after I put in new plugs and plug wires.My car hasn't been running to well since February, but got noticeable worse after I got back from Tennessee (with the check engine light coming on). So I wanted drive it and what better way than driving to Sawnee Mountain Preserve and my second trial, hiking with my large backpack. I have a 65 liter High Sierra Titan which I did a test hike with last summer, but thought it was time to finally give it a proper shakedown. So, I loaded it with 25 pounds and hiked the steeper trail up to the Indian Seats. I did a number of adjustments, including move the sleeping pad from the top to the bottom and back again (I liked it on top better) All-in-all I hiked 5.2 miles, a lot of it uphill, with an elevation gain of about 800 feet and I averaged 30 minutes and 50 seconds a mile...not too bad. Oh, and my car seems to be running better, but that pesky check engine light is still on, oh well.

My car & pack are put to the test.
Me & my pack...
...on the trail....
...the Indian Seats Trail.
At the upper Gold Mine I moved the sleeping pad to the bottom.
After a mile at the Indian Seats I switched it back.
At the Indian Seats...
...which were empty today.

No comments:

Post a Comment