Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Spring Trim Edition Of The Beard Blog




It is the last day of March and you might ask…where is the Beard Blog? Well, it has been a strange month, but here is the Spring Trim edition of the Beard Blog. 
I had planned to do a Beard Blog before now, but it just seemed to get set back. As February ended I had thought about what I was going to do as the weather got warmer. I first entertained the idea of just cutting it off. Then I decided that I didn’t want to do that but instead opted for just trimming it back. While March was warm I figured it would get chilly again at some point, so I decided to wait until at least the middle of the month.   
So, I thought about trimming on St. Patrick’s Day, but I went hiking instead and with the cold wind I encountered on the Humps I was glad I kept it long.


Then the first official day of spring next came to mind, but it was around that time that I got this crud I still haven’t shaken. I am feeling better, but it is still lingering. However, my thinking was there had been no Beard Blog for March so I would try to get it in before the month was over. 
So, this afternoon Deb cut my hair and I trimmed my beard down. I think I may have taken off an inch or two. Deb seems to like it and I will keep it this length (or maybe even a bit shorter) for the summer. Anyway, I only got out twice this month the hike to the Humps that I mentioned above and the Sugarlands in the Smokies. So, with that said it has been a year-and-a-half, since I started the beard, which is 18 months, 82 weeks and 577 days.

Day 556 @ Sugarlands Mountain Trail...

...@ CCC Camp on the Old Sugarlands Trail

Day 563 On the AT.... 

...& Hump Mountain

Day 577: Before the trim...

...& after

Left

Right

Below

No comments:

Post a Comment