Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day Four: Just Enjoying My Birthday In Florida



Well, day four here was a little more special as it was that day that comes once a year...my birthday. After breakfast, my Dad and I went on a hike the other direction from where I have been going. This one took us past Manatee Point Park. Just like anywhere in Mulberry Cove on the St. John River Manatees are here, but we didn't see one or an Alligator. From here I could see the Mulberry Cove Overlook. We then continued to Fisherman's Cove Picnic Area where I went out on the fishing dock. After this, we headed back and while Dad returned to The Navy Lodge I cut through the RV Park and picked up the Mulberry Nature Trail and headed to the overlook. Out there I spotted my old friend the Great Blue Heron. Overall my Dad did just over two and I did two-and-a-half miles. 

















While we were gone Deb and Terry had gone back to the Commissary and got me a cake. After some birthday celebrating, Deb and I headed over to the Base Hospital where they have a Farmers Market. While small it had some cool stuff. With a little more time than expected, we went down to another fishing dock in the cove. 








When we got back it was time to head across the street to Mulligan's Bar and Grill for $4.50 chicken wings (10 wings not bad) let me say I ate quite a few. After a birthday nap, Deb and I took a walk back out to the Mulberry Overlook where we got a good look at not one but two Osprey. We then finished the evening with more cake, ice cream, and a really good brew!





No comments:

Post a Comment