Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day Five: Sunrise, A Manatee & The Jacksonville Landing


While my birthday was more low key, the day after (number 5) was far busier. I started the day before dawn at the Mulberry Cove Overlook. While waiting for the sun to rise Deb noticed something in the water, she asked if it could be an Alligator, but when I looked I knew it was a Manatee! It has been a long time since I have seen one ( I think it was at a nature park). It was nice to see one in the wild. Oh, the sunrise was also beautiful. It was surprising how hot it got and how fast. By the afternoon it was around 100 degrees...it was HOT! 










After breakfast, we headed out to shop at St. John Town Center. Our first destination was REI. I went there to get my birthday present..an inflatable sleeping pad. After leaving there we had lunch at Chipotle, it was Dad and Terry's first-time at Deb's favorite. After that, it was stops at Nordstrom, Williams-Sonoma, Dollar Tree, Teavana, and Target. In the middle of the Town Center was some cool ponds with fish and turtles. Anyway, we finished up with the store I miss most in Georgia...Total Wine & More. 







We then headed downtown to the Jacksonville Landing for dinner at the best ranked Irish Pub in town, Fionn MacCool's. Like any place I eat at there will be a longer blog, but let just say reviews at our table was mixed. We then walked down the riverfront which was lovely. After that it was back to the Navy Lodge. 






While everyone else rested, I headed down to the Mulberry Cove Overlook to try and spot another (or same) Manatee, but the water was choppy so I didn't see any. What I spotted was Navy Search and Rescue practicing pulling people out of the water. I then got a bonus, a half-rainbow. It was a long, but rewarding day...oh did I mention there was Manatee, that was cool!





No comments:

Post a Comment