Sunday, July 10, 2016

Backpacking Two-Day With The Sierra Club On Grayson Highlands


Well, I am back from my two-day backpacking trip to the Grayson Highlands. Since I am a little tried (& dirty) so this entry will short. I went out with the Harvey Broome Chapter of the Sierra Club, this was my second hike with the group. The drive up took me through Damascus and up to one of Virginia's best state parks Grayson Highlands. We hiked the Appalachian Trail (AT) out of the state park and into Mount Rogers National Recreation Area (NRA). We went past scales and went off the trail to a wonderful camping spot. We got to see a beautiful sunset and Wild Ponies. We then hiked out today and finished up with a lunch at La Cucina Italian Kitchen outside of all places Mountain City. After leaving the group I went for a tour of the Covered Bridge in Elizabethton (first time). It was a great weekend with even better people!











1 comment: