Saturday, July 23, 2016

Escaping Summer's Lunacy In Southwest Virginia


Mid-week, I spent three days mostly free of the lunacy of the Republican Convention in Southwest Virginia at the Cabin.





I spent most of my time being entertained by hummingbirds. We had as many as eight on one feeder. We also had a hummingbird we named Trump, he was a greedy, black and red-throated, git that tried to control the feeders for himself.



Besides watching the birds I also hiked up the top of Gillenwater Ridge and out to the second barn for a total of three miles. I also grilled and built two fire in the old pit.




Also, on Wednesday Deb came over to the Cabin. It was her first visit in many years. She thought it was "roughing it" because there was no Internet. Overall, it was a fun three days "off the grid."

No comments:

Post a Comment