Monday, July 25, 2016

Day Two: Hiking the Mulberry Cove Nature Trail


Well, it was day two of our trip to Florida and it was a day of ups and downs. However, I am going to focus on the ups of the day. While we spent part of the day at the Naval Exchange and Commissary the highlight was our hike on the Mulberry Cove Nature Trail. While short (the whole hike was just over a mile) it has a lot to see. It had big spiders, tree, wildflowers, and Florida Soft Shell Turtles. The main highlight was the birds, which there was many. In the mud of low tide were the Snowy Egert and a Great Blue Heron looking for crabs. In the distance, we spotted a bird which after looking at the picture turned out to be an Osprey. Later I caught a glimpse of a bird flying over and after looking at pictures I think it was a Red Shoulder Hawk. Oh, don't let me forget the wonderful view from the overlook.













This outing with Deb and my Dad, but later in the afternoon I went back to the overlook and this time it was high tide. This time, my friend the Heron, was in the water looking for fish and overhead was what I think was a juvenile Bald Eagle. Overall, it was made for a nice day.









No comments:

Post a Comment