Wednesday, July 13, 2016

While Short Any Hike On The Roan Highlands Is Sweet


There are not many days where I drive longer than I hike but today's hike to the Roan Highlands was one of them. It was nobody's fault as Deb was not feeling well on the way up. Oh, she went with me today. We started the hike at Carver's Gap and I knew she wasn't feeling it when she through her pack. Deb did make it to Engine Gap, but that is as far as she felt like going. So, I continued the four-tenths of a mile to the summit of Jane Bald. It was here I turned around and headed back. That meant I didn't get to see any Gray's Lilly's which was disappointing. Also, it was different today as the lack of color seen in June was striking. However, any day on the Roans is better than most anywhere else.








No comments:

Post a Comment