Friday, May 12, 2017

A Fun Day In Greenbrier & An Easy One On Buffalo Mountain...Plus Where Is My 500-Mile Pin!


Peter here again and WOW...that is how I will describe my perspective on Sunday's hike in Greenbrier. I didn't know if we would be going as the Big Lummox panties were in a wad Saturday night as he found out that the Greenbrier might be closed. Luckily cooler heads prevailed & we went anyway (I would have parked at the campground and hiked in). We hiked with some of the Lummox's friends from the Harvey Broome Group of the Sierra Club, some are decent hikers and others are dead weights like the Lummox (you know who you are)!
We started on a manway, which I like because there are no maps for it and since it was not an official trail and I know there would be no KIDS! I get it had plenty of waterfalls and old homesteads, but why I loved this trail and the hike was the blowdowns! This added some difficulty to a hike, that without it, would have been easy. What made it even harder, was like always I had to carry and at times drag the Big Lummox through most of these blowdowns. Oh, there were also plenty of creek crossings which I also like.



I knew at some point the Lummox would take a gainer and he did at the old train engine. There he was goofing around (see the picture on the engine...good grief) and before I knew it blam! he was on his ass, what an embarrassment! However, he wasn't the only one on the hike with two left feet either.


When we got done with the hike we went to Sugarlands where I got MY Hike the Smokies 250-Mile Pin. However, they should have given me a 500-mile one since I had to carry him the whole time.


We then did a kiddy hike Tuesday after the Lummox left the dentist. He was crying and whining about how much it hurt...they just replaced a little filling for God's sake! After a couple of slaps I pointing him in the direction of Buffalo Mountain Park. I got to hike two miles and he got to dry his eyes looking at wildflowers...a win, win!



No comments:

Post a Comment