Sunday, May 7, 2017

Day Blog On Hiking In Greenbrier For My 250-Mile Pin


Today, with help from some of my friends in the Harvey Brooms Group of the Sierra Club, I completed the miles for my Hike the Smokies 250-Mile Pin. This hike, in the Greenbrier section of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, was a shuttle hike on the Rhododendron Creek Manway (Trail) to the Grapeyard Ridge Trail. 



We backtracked to the old steam engine on Injun Creek. Then we hiked the Grapeyard Ridge Trail back to Ramsey Prong. The hike was six miles, putting me over the top. The toughest part of the hike (Which I will write about in more detail later) was all the blowdown. 






Anyway, after we finished I headed to Sugarlands Visitor Center to collect my pin. I even had time to do mile out-and-back to Cataract Falls. Pete will tell you he needs a 500-Mile Pin because he has to carry me, but I am sure he will have more to say. Still, it was another great hike in the Smokies.




1 comment:

  1. What creek/trail is that little triple cascade on? Been there, but don't remember if it had a name.

    ReplyDelete