Sunday, May 14, 2017

Signing Up For Patreon & Other Changes To The Blog



It just seems like yesterday that I started this blog, Tales from the Wood Booger. No, I am not ending the blog I still enjoy doing it this is more about taking it to the "next level." So, what does that mean? First, let me say that I never really had any goals for this blog. I do the blog first and foremost because I love to do it and over the years I have published over 650 blogs with over 50,000 views! However, this blog does take time and resources to produce what is seen on its pages. So, for a while now I have thought about how I could have the blog "earn its keep" you might say. I, first, had thought of other fundraising sites, like Kickstarter or Go Fund Me, and then moving the blog to a dedicated server where I could place ads. However, I decided I really didn't want ads on my page if I don't have to add them and that is how I came to Patreon. Here the readers of my blog can help support it and keep it ad-free and along the way make this a better blog (because I can justify committing more time to it). Unlike let say Go Fund Me, on Patreon you pledge per month and it can be $1, $5, or as much as you want! So, I am going to try it and see how it goes.
As of now, the Tales from the Wood Booger is a one-man (and one Hiking Rabbit) operation so, becoming a patron of this blog will help in growing it into the future. If I get patrons and the blog starts to make some money then I hope to get a dedicated domain and add some new features to the page. I am also thinking of changing the look of the blog. It has appeared this way since I started it four years ago. This might be the first of a number of changes or the only one, this will depend on how the Patreon goes. I am also planning on using Reddit to post links for this blog.
If anyone has any feedback post a message on the blog or at the other places I post these entries. You will notice that there is an area on my blog that says support my work at Patreon. So, just click the logo and it will take you to my Patreon page. Finally, I just want to say thanks, to all of those who read and follow this blog...thank you! I hope these changes are the beginning of more great things for Tales from the Wood Booger. Oh, here is the link to the page...


No comments:

Post a Comment