Tuesday, August 1, 2017

When On Clinch Mountain You Can't Beat Vineger Pie


On a recent trip to Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, a made a stop at Clinch Mountain Lookout Resturant and Gift Shop located in Bean Gap. I will admit my main reason for stopping here was to have a slice of Vinegar Pie. A few years ago I watched a story I think on WCYB-TV 5 out of Bristol with Johnny Wood, but it might have been on WBIR-TV 10 out of Knoxville (if someone remembers let me know), and it was the first time I heard about Vinegar Pie. So, on a number of occasions, I have passed through Bean Gap in recent years I had thought of stopping but I hadn't.


However, on the way back from Cumberland Gap Deb and I decided to stop here. I will say that the restaurant itself has seen better days. However, it was a nice place and the lady who ran it was friendly. It might be a little more busy on the nights they had music.




Since this was a country restaurant I went with the Soup Beans, Fried Potatoes, and Corn Bread. It was good, the beans weren't Bean Barn quality but tasty and the Corn Bread was solid. The best part was the Fried Potatoes.


There was no question what my dessert would be Vinegar Pie and I will say it was better than I thought it would be. It was the best part of the meal, which was good since it is the signature dish of the restaurant, I would go back just for the pie.



Anyway, if you want a try slice of Appalachia you can't beat a visit to Clinch Mountain Lookout Resturant and Gift Shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment