Monday, May 4, 2020

Social Distancing The Right Way...At The Cabin


Ah, the Cabin...three days of rest and relaxation. Oh, I did have to mow, work on the water and the road, but I did get some hiking in too.
However, before I got to relax I first had to go to Lowe's in Kingsport on Saturday morning. My Dad and I had to get some stuff needed for the Spring. For those who don't know Tennessee "loosed up" restrictions dealing with the coronavirus. Whether you believed it was smart or not what I saw at Lowe's put me squarely in the latter category. Social distancing was optional and I have a message "people wear a damn mask!"



So, it was on to the Cabin and when I got there I discover the nice black birdfeeder that I got Dad had been crushed...how? My guess a bear. After laughing about that it was on to some mowing. It was hard before put since the cistern was put in the yard is even worse, but I got it done. What is important I got to relax by the fire pit. It was nice I must say, just like the view of the Moon.






Well, Sunday morning is what I looked forward to most...getting out hiking. I started out early because I planned to do it the whole morning. So I decided for an outing up to Buckner Ridge. I went up the back way to the main trail to Wood Booger Ridge. Then it was down another trail I am working on to the three trail junction Down the Cowhead Trail, where I found the jaw of the said head. On the way, I found my first Mayapple (and plenty more after) it is May after all. 







Eventually, I hacked my way up to Buckner Ridge and I got to sit for about a half-hour which was nice, and as Pete said he enjoyed it too. Speaking of Pete, he was right I had never seen that much Squawroot in one place than on Buckner Ridge.















After hiking we tried to seal the leaking pipe, put concrete at the Spring box and I even worked on the new fire pit. Oh, I also got to relax again by the fire. Overall a very good day.







Then today, before heading out I had a hike slash road working outing. I hiked down the road, that goes up to the Cabin, past the old cabins (and one newer one), and back up for a mile roundtrip. Once I got back up near the Cabin and fill in some big potholes. Overall, it was an excellent weekend of social distancing, which you should still be doing...











1 comment: