Friday, May 1, 2020

On This Day: Outings On May Days Past


In this time of COVID-19 I haven't been out much, so I was trying to think of ideas for new blogs. I have been working on AT Section Blogs but they take time and I want to fill the gaps. So, I plan to do a series of blogs soon on the 10th anniversary of going to Europe, since I don't know when that can happen again. Anyway, why not a blog "On This Day?" 


So that is what I am going to do. I just want to say these will be mostly a few pictures with descriptions (I think that is how I will do the European ones too). So, for the first one, it will be outings I have had on May 1st...May Day.
For those who don't know this is the World Workers Holiday. So in honor of this day, the first will be a hike one-year ago the Jennings Creek Loop out of Old Forge. 

Where this May Day hike started.

The trail around the campground.

Round Knob Branch.

Spring foliage.

Round Knob Branch Falls.

A Vernal Iris.

On the more open Cowbell Ridge Trail...

...which offered vistas like this.

Old yellow blaze.

Jennings Creek Falls #3.

Crossing Jennings Creek back to Old Forage.

Old Forage Falls.

The second outing was six-year back on the Laurel Ridge Trail at Buford Dam on Lake Lanier (which I never did a blog for). Okay with that said, enjoy...

Beach on Lake Lanier.

One of the footbridges around Lake Lanier.

This footbridge is in the woods.

Laurel Ridge Trail as it runs along the Chattahoochee River.

Footbridge across the Chattahoochee River...

....Gates of Buford Dam from the bridge.

Buford Dam.

This Canada goose likes it.

Laurel Ridge Trail junction.

This is a Foundation Core drilled for Buford Dam.



No comments:

Post a Comment