Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The 63rd National Park Is...New River Gorge!


New River Gorge in West Virginia is an incredible place. With that said I heard some great news for this beautiful natural wonder this week as the New River Gorge National River was given National Park status. 
The designation of New River Gorge as the 63rd National Park was part of the much needed COVID Relief Bill passed this week. The new park is made up of 65,165 acres of preserve, which allows hunting, and 7,021 acres of park. West Virginia wilderness.



In 2010, on my way back from Pittsburgh I was lucky enough to visit a small portion of the park at its visitor center and the New River Gorge Bridge. This small slice of New River Gorge was amazing. This brief encounter just motivated me for a return trip I need to do sooner rather than later...








No comments:

Post a Comment