Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Lummox's Hiking Clusterf***

Pete here and what can I say about this day out except...the Lummox!
We were supposed to go to Old Forge, again, for a hike around the Old Forge Loop. I wanted to go up to the Camp (Creek Bald), but he was afraid that there would be too much ice on the road up. So, we went to Old Forge. However, I knew this hike might not go forward when he saw Old Forge Falls and the consequences of snowmelt. So, where we usually rock hop the creek was underwater. I wanted to wade through, daddy, but he didn't want to get his feet wet. It was only 32 degrees out...what a wuss!
Then he decided to go up to the Camp but halfway up there was ice on the road. I wanted to hike the four miles up, but he wanted to turn around. Then he decided to go to Margarette Falls. The water was nice and at least the Lummox was scarred to cross at Charlie's Hole like most people were. Hell, I would have pushed him in if he had! 
Well, that is all from the Hiking Machine, daddy, I am out BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment