Monday, March 9, 2015

Donuts & Water Bottles At The New REI Alpharetta



Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite stores to visit is REI. I am even a member, so I was happy to hear that a new story was opening in Alpharetta (which is closer to where I live). That happened this past weekend, with a Grand Opening celebration. The store’s first day open was Friday, but I was hiking at Buford Dam on the Laurel Ridge Trail on that day Then Saturday Deb and I where hiking and enjoying the ATKO at Amicalola Falls State Park. So, we decided to go down Sunday. As part of the grand opening they were having a free continental breakfast before they opened and giving away water bottles with $10, $50, and $100 REI gift cards inside them for the first 200 people through the door. 
On Sunday the store opened at 11am, so Deb and I got there about 10. We got some coffee and a donut, which was really good. Anyway, we discovered that there was a huge line of people waiting to get in and get a water bottle. If you know the shopping center the line went past the Five Below store down to Ultra Beauty. I thought on Sunday that with the store being open for two days and Church time that there would be less people. I guess I was not the only heathen in the crowd. The woman who was behind us said that there were less people today, she had also been there on Saturday, and the line was even longer. She added that at 200 people the water bottles were cut off. Oh, and some people had camped out for all three days to get these bottles with gift cards (just think if you camped out got three $10 ones). Anyway, we didn’t get a gift card, but unlike the two previous days we got a water bottle. When we entered the store we were greeted by bear bells, so overall it was a fun time. Oh, and the new store is really nice. The new REI is located at 7531 North Point Parkway at Mansell Crossing.

The new store.

Yes...

...this was the line.

The new store is nice.

That mural is of Blood Mountain...cool!

All REI's have these geological markers.

Honey bee & the first blooms of spring!

My FREE Camelbak water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment