Saturday, September 9, 2017

AT Section Day Blog From Tanyard Gap To Allen Gap


Today, I did a hike to finish a section of the Appalachian Trail (AT) from Tanyard Gap to Allen Gap.  I was finishing the section from Hot Springs to Allen Gap. I had done over half of this section, from Hot Springs to Rich Mountain. I will go over this (since it is an AT Section Hike) in more detail, but first I want to give big thanks to my brother from another mother, Glen for shuttling me to Tanyard Gap...thanks, and Charlie Brown too! 




Anyway, some of the highlights were the Spring Mountain Shelter, wildflowers draping the trail, plenty of mushrooms and even a Dad and his kids squirrel hunting. The one negative ( definitely later) the closing of the Rich Mountain Fire Tower!






No comments:

Post a Comment