Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Wood Booger Has To Remind People...Leave No Trace!


This edition of a Leave No Trace rant I have been meaning to do, again, for a few weeks, but unfortunately, I can do it anytime...because of trash on the trail.
The reason this has reared its ugly head again was a recent trip on the Appalachian Trail (AT) in the area of Camp Creek Bald. I hiked up the road to the Summit of Camp Creek Bald and down the AT. On the way, I collected trash including a liquor bottle at a campsite on the AT. I collected so much trash I had to go back to the car before I continued the hike. I did find a cool fold up mini-sitting pad at Camp Creek Bald.





Well, my day of collecting trash wasn't over. Once off the AT and on the Blue-Blazed Trail (old jeep road) I found a styrofoam cooler. Then I found more cans and plastic bottles at Jones Meadow and on the way back to my car.



Then I had another hike on the AT from Tanyard Gap to Allen Gap. I didn't find a lot of trash until I reached the Spring Mountain Shelter. Here I found trash, including a whole, uneaten meat stick. While that was bad (this is why shelters have bear problems) at an Allen Gap Campsite I found a bottle of ranch salad dressing...a full bottle!



Okay, so here is the thing fellow hikers and anyone enjoying the outdoors, just haul your s**t out and Leave No Trace...humans!



No comments:

Post a Comment